Getting ready for the week.

So this weekend was a whirlwind. Friday night started off with a trip to Urgent Care for me. I have a swollen lymph node behind my right ear, and it was really killing me. I headed in, and got my flu shot, some super strong antibiotics to kill whatever infection is making is swell, and some pain meds for the awful headache I have. 

After waiting at Walgreens for half an hour I went home and spent the rest of Friday night on the couch. It was restful, except for the fact that Jp woke up after we put him in bed, and he stayed up until 1:30 in the morning.  That coupled with my raging headache made for a very long night. John was on total daddy duty Saturday morning though. As soon as Jp woke up, he came in to our room and scooped him up, and tucked me in and I went right back to sleep. I have to say that he has been absolutely AMAZING while I have been sick. I have to take my antibiotics every 8 hours, which means that I need a 3:45am dose. John sets the alarm on his phone, and then at 3:45 he brings me water and the med, and wakes me up so I can take it. I love that man so much!! 

Saturday night was pretty much the same story with Jpers. He went to bed at a decent time, and then woke up around 11, and stayed up till 1:30 again. Sunday morning John woke super early, so when Jp got up they had father son time, and I got to sleep in. I love my husband so much. He is an even better dad than I could have imagined he would be. I also love that he looks forward to those couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday that he gets alone with his son. That’s the most precious thing to me. 

This week is going to be a busy one. John started a new position within his company last week, so since this is his first full week in the new spot, he will not be able to go to Jp’s surgery appointment with me. Monday we find out what time the surgery will take place on Tuesday. My mom is going to drive up from San Antonio to come with me since John can’t be there. I am sure I will be a mess, so it will be nice to have her there with me. Even though I’m 27 years old, it’s still comforting to have my momma there with me. We have grown closer in the past few years, and she is absolutely amazing, and I love her dearly. 

I don’t know how long it will take for little man to recover from his surgery. The aftercare instructions they gave me say that he can’t have a sit down bath for at least 7 days. This is because of the steri-strips they use to close the incision. So showers it will be for little man!! 

Right now I am just focusing on getting through Tuesday. I am starting to freak out about the anesthesia. I just don’t like the idea of him being sedated at this age. That’s because I still see him as that tiny 8lb 7oz baby that I held for the first time at the hospital. Plus I’m his mom, it’s my job to worry about things like this!! 

I just can’t wait for this week to be over. I don’t do well with stress. Stress equals sleepless nights, and stomach aches for me, and I hate it. Once this procedure is over, and he is healed, I will be much better. 




Leave Your Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s